From March 17, 2020
Dear Temple Community,
To ensure everyone’s safety and well-being, The Temple is going virtual to support our members.
As the spread of COVID-19 continues to dominate our national concern, we will continue providing services and support to you, our Temple family. Direct links to both live streams and Zoom video conferencing will be provided in an update later this week. You may also check The Temple website mid-week for detailed instructions.
We will continue to hold Shabbat services, adult education and Temple Scholars classes, Religious School, and Shabbat morning Torah study through either live streaming or Zoom video conferencing. Please see the following list of some of our regular services and programming and how we will work to bring them to you:
- Friday Night and Saturday Morning Services: Live streamed at our YouTube page
- Saturday Morning Torah Study: Zoom video conferencing
- Sunday and Wednesday Religious School: Live stream and/or Zoom
- Monday Night Basic Judaism: Zoom video conferencing
- Wednesday Temple Scholars: Zoom video conferencing
- B’nei Mitzvah Class: We are arranging one on one meetings over Zoom
- Chavurat Shalom: Postponed, but we are investigating the feasibility of offering alternative programming or meetings via Zoom.
- ECEC: Closed until further notice; our directors are communicating with our preschool families.
- To our steadfast volunteers – We appreciate what you do for the Temple, but for now, we’re asking you to stay home and take care of yourselves
We want you to know that The Temple has organized a team of volunteers to provide non-emergency support and assistance (ex: shopping for food, picking up medicine, or other needs); please use this form if you are in need of non-emergency assistance. If you are able to provide assistance over the next few weeks, please email me so we can add you to the list of volunteers to help our members. Thank you to Corey Buckman for leading this effort.
Lastly, if you need Rabbinic assistance, questions answered about upcoming life cycle events or have other questions, please let us know either by calling The Temple or emailing myself of one of our team members. We are here for you, our Temple family.
Stay well and safe—together we will weather this storm and be stronger for it.